Generic Name and Formulations:
Loteprednol etabonate 0.5% + tobramycin 0.3%, oph susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Bausch & Lomb Inc.
Indications for ZYLET:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection or risk thereof.
Instill 1–2 drops into the conjunctival sac of affected eye(s) every 4–6 hours; may increase to every 1–2 hours in first 24–48 hours; reduce dose as symptoms improve; max 20mL for first ℞. Reevaluate if no improvement after 2 days.
Ocular fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor IOP and for secondary infections and for cataracts in prolonged use (>10 days). Monitor blood levels in combined aminoglycoside therapy. Avoid abrupt cessation. Soft contact lenses (remove during therapy). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Steroid + aminoglycoside.
Secondary ocular infections, injection, superficial punctate keratitis, increased IOP, ocular discomfort (eg, burning, stinging, itching, discharge) visual/lacrimation/eyelid disorder, photophobia, corneal deposits, headache. May mask or exacerbate ocular infections. May delay wound healing and increase bleb formation after cataract surgery. In prolonged use: increased IOP, optic nerve damage, cataract formation, corneal perforation.
Susp—2.5mL, 5mL, 10mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders