Generic Name and Formulations:
Vorapaxar 2.08mg (equivalent to 2.5mg of vorapaxar sulfate); tabs.
Indications for ZONTIVITY:
To reduce thrombotic cardiovascular events in patients with a history of myocardial infarction or with peripheral arterial disease.
2.08mg once daily. Use with aspirin and/or clopidogrel according to their indications or standard of care.
History of stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), or intracranial hemorrhage (ICH). Active pathological bleeding (eg, peptic ulcer, ICH).
Discontinue if stroke, TIA, or ICH occurs. Increased risk of bleeding (may be fatal). Consider underlying risk of bleeding before initiating (eg, older age, low body wt., reduced renal or hepatic function, history of bleeding disorders, concomitant certain medications). Hypotensive and has recently undergone coronary angiography, PCI, CABG or other surgeries: suspect bleeding and monitor. Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Protease-activated receptor-1 (PAR-1) antagonist.
Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, clarithromycin, nefazodone, ritonavir, saquinavir, nelfinavir, indinavir, boceprevir, telaprevir, telithromycin, conivaptan). Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, carbamazepine, St. John’s wort, phenytoin). Avoid concomitant warfarin or other anticoagulants. Increased risk of bleeding with concomitant fibrinolytics, chronic NSAIDs, SSRIs, SNRIs.
Bleeding (may be fatal), anemia, depression, rashes, eruptions, exanthemas, iron deficiency, retinopathy or retinal disorder, diplopia/oculomotor disturbances.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation