Generic Name and Formulations:
Bezlotoxumab 25mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ZINPLAVA:
To reduce recurrence of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) in patients who are receiving antibacterial drug treatment of CDI and are at high risk for CDI recurrence.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating CDI. Use only in conjunction with antibacterial drug treatment of CDI.
Infuse over 60mins. ≥18yrs: a single dose of 10mg/kg.
<18yrs: not established.
History of CHF. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Human IgG1 monoclonal antibody.
Nausea, pyrexia, headache, infusion-related reactions; heart failure.
Single-dose vial (40mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation