Generic Name and Formulations:
Ciclesonide 37mcg/actuation; metered-dose nasal aerosol; contains HFA.
Indications for ZETONNA:
Treatment of symptoms associated with seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
One actuation in each nostril once daily (37mcg/actuation); max 74mcg/day.
Conduct nasal examination before starting treatment. Discontinue if nasal erosion, ulceration, or perforation occurs. Active or quiescent respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, parasitic, or ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider immunoglobulin prophylactic therapy. Monitor for acute adrenal insufficiency if prolonged systemic corticosteroid therapy is replaced with topical steroids. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), and for candida infection and other nasal cavity changes. Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for vision changes or in those with a history of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma or cataracts. Avoid spraying in eyes or directly onto the nasal septum. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by ketoconazole.
Nasal discomfort, headache, epistaxis; nasal ulceration, nasal septal perforation, candida infection, impaired wound healing.
Nasal aerosol—6.1g (60 actuations)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling
- Nightmares in Military Personnel Frequently Comorbid With Mental Health Disorders
- Potential for SERMs as Adjunctive Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Addressing Racial Disparities in Bipolar Disorder Treatment
- Negative Symptoms Increase Cardiovascular Risk in Schizophrenia