Generic Name and Formulations:
Niraparib 100mg; caps.
Indications for ZEJULA:
Maintenance treatment in adults with recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer who are in a complete or partial response to platinum-based chemotherapy.
Start treatment within 8 weeks after most recent platinum-containing regimen. Swallow whole. 300mg once daily until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose adjustments for adverse reactions: see full labeling.
Discontinue if myelodysplastic syndrome/acute myeloid leukemia (MDS/AML) is confirmed. Monitor CBC weekly for the first month, monthly for the next 11 months then periodically thereafter; do not start therapy until recovery from hematological toxicity due to previous chemotherapy (CTCAE Grade ≤1); discontinue if toxicities unresolved within 28 days after interruption (see full labeling). Monitor BP and heart rate monthly for the first year then periodically thereafter. Cardiovascular disorders (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension); monitor closely. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy; exclude status prior to initiating therapy. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during therapy and for ≥6 months after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 1 month after last dose).
Concomitant antihypertensives; dose adjustments of Zejula may be needed.
Poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor.
Thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, leukopenia, palpitations, nausea, constipation, vomiting, abdominal pain/distention, mucositis/stomatitis, diarrhea, dyspepsia, dry mouth, fatigue/asthenia, decreased appetite, urinary tract infection, AST/ALT elevation, myalgia, back pain, arthralgia, headache, dizziness, dysgeusia, insomnia, anxiety, nasopharyngitis, dyspnea, cough, rash, hypertension.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders