Generic Name and Formulations:
Yellow fever vaccine live; for SC inj; contains sorbitol, gelatin; preservative-free;.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for YF-VAX:
Yellow fever immunization.
Adults and Children:
Give at least 10 days before expected exposure; may repeat every 10yrs. <9 months: not recommended. ≥9 months: 0.5mL SC.
Infants <9 months of age. Severe egg allergy (consider skin test and desensitization; see literature). Immunodeficiency or risk of immunosuppression (eg, systemic corticosteroid therapy, chemotherapy, radiation). Thymic dysfunction.
Latex allergy. Have epinephrine (1:1000) available. Elderly (increased risk of systemic events; evaluate prior to, and monitor for at least 10 days after, vaccination). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Yellow fever vaccine.
Concomitant vaccines: see literature.
Injection site reactions, rash, headache, malaise, myalgia, fever; rare neurotropic or viscerotropic disease.
Available only to Yellow Fever Vaccination Centers.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation