Generic Name and Formulations:
Uridine triacetate 2g; oral granules (95% w/w); per pkt; orange-flavored.
Wellstat Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for XURIDEN:
Replacement therapy for hereditary orotic aciduria.
Adults and Children:
Mix in 3–4oz of applesauce, pudding or yogurt. Swallow mixture immediately; do not chew granules. Drink at least 4oz of water. Also: can be mixed with milk or infant formula for up to 2g (¾ tsp) dose. Initially 60mg/kg once daily. Increase to 120mg/kg once daily for insufficient efficacy; max 8g/day. Weight-based dosing: see full labeling.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation