Generic Name and Formulations:
Lifitegrast 5%; oph soln.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for XIIDRA:
Signs and symptoms of dry eye disease.
Instill 1 drop twice daily (~12hrs apart) in each eye.
<17yrs: not established.
Remove contact lens prior to use; may reinsert 15mins after administration. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 (LFA-1) antagonist.
Instillation site irritation, dysgeusia, decreased visual acuity; hypersensitivity.
Single-use containers (0.2mL)—60
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth