Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole nitrate 0.25%, zinc oxide 15%, white petroleum 81.35%; oint.
Indications for VUSION:
Diaper dermatitis complicated by candidiasis.
<4 weeks: not recommended. ≥4 weeks: Cleanse affected area and pat dry. Apply thin layer at each diaper change for 7 days. Do not rub into skin or use >7 days.
Not for preventative use. Candidal infection should be documented before starting therapy. Immunocompromised. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers.
Antifungal + skin protectant.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling