VOSPIRE ER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Albuterol (as sulfate) 4mg; ext-rel tabs.
DAVA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for VOSPIRE ER:
Swallow whole. 4–8mg every 12 hours; max 32mg/day in 2 divided doses (every 12 hours).
Swallow whole. <6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: 4mg every 12 hours; max 24mg/day in 2 divided doses.
Avoid excessive use. Sensitivity to sympathomimetics. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Seizure disorders. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid MAOIs, tricyclics within 14 days (increased cardiovascular effects). Oral sympathomimetics: not recommended. Antagonized by β-blockers. Monitor digoxin. Caution with other drugs that lower serum potassium.
Tremor, headache, nervousness, GI upset, tachycardia, muscle cramps, insomnia, dizziness, somnolence, weakness, CNS stimulation, difficulty in micturition, hypokalemia, paradoxical bronchospasm, rash.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Interview-Only Version of Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale Effective for OCD Monitoring in Youth
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth