Violence & Self-Harm
Most youths in a recent survey support the right to own guns, but the majority believe that gun control laws would reduce mass shootings.
There is a correlation for firearm caliber with likelihood of death from gunshot wounds.
Technology-Enhanced Intervention in the ED Appears Promising for Reducing Underage Drinking, ConsequencesJune 28, 2018
This intervention provides flexibility in the clinical setting, allowing for therapist delivery when staff is available and computer delivery when staff resources are not available.
For black US adults, police killings of unarmed black Americans have adverse effects on mental health.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Role of Expressed Emotion in Family Psychopathology
- Serum Uric Acid May Predict Bipolar Disorder in Patients With Depression
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- Health and Social Factors Predict Changes in Depressive Symptoms in Women
- ASD Risk on Offspring With Prenatal Use of Medication Affecting Neurotransmitter System
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Psychotic Experiences May Predict Future Suicidal Behaviors
- Genetic Analysis Shows Higher BMI May Increase Risk for Depression
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Effects of Mindfulness Meditation on Mood in Middle-Age, Older Adults
- How Does Accepting Blame Affect Future Medical Errors?