Generic Name and Formulations:
Elosulfase alfa 1mg/mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for VIMIZIM:
Mucopolysaccharidosis type IVA (MPS IVA; Morquio A syndrome).
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not established. Give by IV infusion over 3.5–4.5 hours based on infusion volume. ≥5yrs: 2mg/kg once weekly. Pre-treat with antihistamines with or without antipyretics 30–60 mins prior to infusion.
Risk of serious anaphylactic reactions; observe patients during and after administration. Have epinephrine inj available. Discontinue immediately if severe hypersensitivity reactions occur. Acute febrile or respiratory illness; evaluate clinical status prior to therapy and consider delaying infusion. Risk of sleep apnea; consider evaluating airway patency prior to initiation. Have supplemental oxygen or continuous positive airway pressure available. Monitor for signs/symptoms of spinal or cervical cord compression. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers.
Hydrolytic lysosomal glycosaminoglycan (GAG)-specific enzyme.
Pyrexia, vomiting, headache, nausea, abdominal pain, chills, fatigue; sleep apnea, anaphylaxis, possible antibody formation.
To enroll in the Morquio A Registry for monitoring effects of Vimizim contact MARS@bmrn.com or call (800) 983-4587.
Single-use vial (5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders