VECTICAL OINTMENT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcitriol 3mcg/g; oint.
Galderma Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for VECTICAL OINTMENT:
Topical treatment of mild to moderate plaque psoriasis.
≥18yrs: Apply to affected areas of the body twice daily (AM & PM). The maximum weekly dose should not exceed 200g.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Discontinue if hypercalcemia occurs (until normocalcemia returns). Avoid applying to eyes, lips, or facial skin. Avoid excessive exposure to natural or artificial light (tanning booths, sun lamps). Consider limiting or avoiding use of phototherapy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vit. D3 derivative.
Caution with concomitant use of medications known to increase serum calcium (eg, thiazide diuretics), calcium supplements or high doses of vitamin D.
Hypercalcemia, lab test and urine abnormalities, psoriasis, hypercalciuria, pruritus.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents