Generic Name and Formulations:
Eflornithine HCl 13.9%; crm.
Indications for VANIQA:
Reduction of unwanted facial hair in women.
Apply a thin layer to affected areas of face and adjacent areas under the chin twice daily at least 8 hours apart; rub in thoroughly. Do not wash treated area for at least 4 hours. Continue to use hair removal techniques as needed. May apply cosmetics or sunscreens after cream dries.
Reduce frequency if irritation or intolerance develops; discontinue if irritation continues. Abraded or broken skin. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Hair growth retardant.
Acne, pseudofolliculitis barbae, stinging, headache, burning, dry skin, erythema, tingling, dyspepsia, irritation, rash, alopecia, dizziness.
Crm—30g, 60g (2x30g)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents