Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxytetracycline HCl 250mg, sulfamethizole 250mg, phenazopyridine HCl 50mg; per cap.
- Healthcare Spending Trends After ACA Implementation
- Involuntary Brain Responses to Sensory Pattern Changes in PTSD
- Healthcare Inequality in America: Senator Bernie Sanders's Advisors on Causes and Solutions
Indications for UROBIOTIC-250:
Urinary tract infections.
Take on an empty stomach with adequate amounts of fluid. 1 cap 4 times daily; refractory cases: 2 caps 4 times daily. Continue for minimum of 7 days or until bacteriologic cure.
Late pregnancy. Sulfonamide allergy.
Renal impairment. Monitor blood, liver, and kidney function with chronic use. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight; discontinue if skin discomfort occurs. History of significant allergy/asthma.
Avoid concomitant aluminum hydroxide gel.
Tetracycline + sulfonamide + local analgesic.
Glossitis, stomatitis, proctitis, GI upset, vaginitis, dermatitis, allergic reactions, hepatitis, pancreatitis, blood dyscrasias, neuropathy, drug fever, skin rash, photosensitivity, injection of the conjunctiva and sclera, petechiae, purpura, hematuria, crystalluria; esophageal irritation/ulceration.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders