Generic Name and Formulations:
Methenamine 118mg, sodium phosphate monobasic 40.8mg, phenyl salicylate 36mg, methylene blue 10mg, hyoscyamine sulfate 0.12mg; caps.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for URIBEL:
Treatment of symptoms of irritative voiding. Relief of local symptoms due to lower UTIs or diagnostic procedures.
1 cap 4 times daily.
≤6yrs: not recommended. >6yrs: individualize dose.
Cardiac disease. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Myasthenia gravis.
Discontinue if rapid pulse, dizziness, or blurred vision occurs. Gastric ulcers. Maintain acid urine and adequate hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Urinary tract analgesic/antispasmodic/antiseptic.
Allow at least 2 hours after ketoconazole. May be potentiated by antimuscarinics, MAOIs. Reduced intestinal motility with antimyasthenics. Increased risk of severe constipation with opioids. May be antagonized by thiazide diuretics, urinary alkalinizers. Separate dosing of antacids, antidiarrheals by 1 hour. May reduce absorption of other drugs. Sulfonamides precipitate with formaldehyde in urine; avoid concomitant use.
Rapid pulse, flushing, blurred vision, dizziness, shortness of breath, acute urinary retention, difficult micturition, dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, discolored urine/feces.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation