Generic Name and Formulations:
Selexipag 200mcg, 400mcg, 600mcg, 800mcg, 1000mcg, 1200mcg, 1400mcg, 1600mcg; tabs.
Indications for UPTRAVI:
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) (WHO Group 1) in patients with WHO functional Class II–III symptoms, to delay disease progression and reduce the risk of hospitalization for PAH.
Swallow whole; may take with food to improve tolerability. Initially 200mcg twice daily; increase by 200mcg increments twice daily at weekly intervals to highest tolerated dose up to 1600mcg twice daily; reduce to previous dose if not tolerated. Moderate hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh class B): initially 200mcg once daily; increase in 200mcg increments once daily at weekly intervals as tolerated.
Concomitant strong CYP2C8 inhibitors (eg, gemfibrozil).
Discontinue if pulmonary veno-occlusive disease confirmed. Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh class C): avoid. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. May be potentiated by concomitant moderate CYP2C8 inhibitors (eg, teriflunomide, deferasirox); consider less frequent or reduced dosing. May be antagonized by concomitant CYP2C8 and UGT 1A3 or 2B7 inducers (eg, rifampin); increase up to twice the dose.
Prostacyclin receptor agonist.
Headache, diarrhea, nausea, jaw pain, vomiting, pain in extremity, myalgia, flushing, arthralgia, rash, anemia, decreased appetite.
Tabs 200mcg—60, 140; 400mcg, 600mcg, 800mcg, 1000mcg, 1200mcg, 1400mcg, 1600mcg—60; Titration pack—1 (140 x 200mcg tabs) + (60 x 800mcg tabs)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders