TYPHIM Vi Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Typhoid vaccine cell; surface purified Vi polysaccharide 25micrograms per 0.5mL; soln; for IM inj; contains phenol.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for TYPHIM Vi:
Immunization against typhoid fever.
Give at least 2 weeks before expected exposure; may repeat every 2 years. Adults: 0.5mL IM once in deltoid.
≥2yrs: 0.5mL in deltoid or vastus lateralis.
Not for use in chronic carriers or patients with active infection.
Have epinephrine (1:1000) inj available. Immunocompromised states. Previous typhoid vaccination. Thrombocytopenia. Coagulopathies. Acute infection. Active febrile illness. Exposure to contaminated food and water should be avoided. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, malaise, headache, GI upset, myalgia, fever.
Multidose vials—contact manufacturer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation