TRILYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol 3350 420g, sodium chloride 11.2g, potassium chloride 1.48g, sodium bicarbonate 5.72g, flavor 3.22g/pack; per 4 liters of soln; pwd for reconstitution (add 1 flavor pack before reconstitution).
Indications for TRILYTE w. FLAVOR PACKS:
Bowel cleansing before colonoscopy.
After fasting for 3–4 hrs, 240mL orally every 10 minutes or 20–30mL/minute by NG tube until rectal discharge is clear or 4 liters consumed. May interrupt if severe GI disturbances occur. Only clear liquids until exam.
<6months: not recommended. ≥6months: No solid food for at least 2 hrs, then 25mL/kg per hour orally or by NG tube until rectal discharge is clear or 4 liters consumed. May interrupt if severe GI disturbances occur. Only clear liquids until exam.
GI obstruction or perforation. Gastric retention. Toxic colitis. Toxic megacolon. Ileus.
Severe ulcerative colitis. Impaired gag reflex. Semi- or unconsciousness. Risk of aspiration or regurgitation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Monitor young children (<2yrs) for hypoglycemia or dehydration.
Drugs administered within 1 hour of start of TriLyte may not be absorbed.
Isosmotic bowel cleanser.
Nausea, abdominal fullness or bloating, cramps, vomiting, anal irritation. Children: dehydration, hypokalemia.
TriLyte w. Flavor Packs—4L (disposable bottle w. flavor packs attached)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling