TRIAMINIC COLD & ALLERGY OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, phenylephrine HCl 2.5mg; per 5mL; liq; alcohol-free; orange-flavored; contains sodium 3mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC COLD & ALLERGY:
Rhinorrhea, congestion, allergy symptoms.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 10mL. Repeat every 4 hours as needed; max 6 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, dizziness, nervousness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents