Triamcinolone Acetonide Dental Paste Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%; dental paste.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Triamcinolone Acetonide Dental Paste:
Adjunct in oral inflammation.
Press (do not rub) thin film onto lesion at bedtime and, if needed, 2–3 times daily after meals. Reevaluate if no improvement in 7 days.
Fungal, viral, or bacterial infections of the mouth or throat.
Tuberculosis. Peptic ulcer. Diabetes. Pregnancy.
Local irritation or sensitization (discontinue if occurs); possible systemic effects (eg, adrenal suppression, glucose intolerance, protein catabolism, peptic ulcer activation).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling