Triamcinolone + Nystatin Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1%, nystatin 100000units/g; crm; oint.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Triamcinolone + Nystatin:
Adults and Children:
Apply sparingly 2 times daily; max 25 days treatment.
Avoid prolonged use or on large areas. Use lowest effective dose (esp. in children). Do not occlude. Discontinue gradually in chronic use. Discontinue if superinfection or irritation occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 25 days. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Steroid + polyene antifungal.
Local irritation, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, dermatitis, sensitization, HPA axis suppression (esp. in children), epidermal and dermal atrophy (esp. in thin-skinned or occluded areas).
Formerly known under the brand names Myco-triacet II, Mycolog II, Mytrex F.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Significant Rates of Major Depressive Disorder Found in Dementia
- Link Between Vitamin D Levels and Intracranial Volume in Schizophrenia
- TBI Linked to Increased Suicide Risk
- Behavioral Executive Dysfunction Associated With Chronic Kidney Disease
- Factors That Predict Treatment Outcomes, Remission in Pediatric OCD