Tri-Vitamin Drops w/Fluoride Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit. A 1500Units, Vit. D 400Units, Vit. C 35mg, fluoride (as sodium) 0.25mg or 0.5mg; per mL; fruit flavor.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Tri-Vitamin Drops w/Fluoride:
Nutritional supplement, prevention of dental caries where water fluoridation <0.6ppm.
Base dose on fluoride content of water. <6mos: not recommended. If fluoride content <0.3ppm: 6mos–3yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day; 3–6yrs: 0.5mg fluoride/day. If fluoride content 0.3–0.6ppm: 6mos–3yrs: not recommended; 3–6yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day.
Water fluoridation >0.6ppm.
Dental fluorosis in chronic overdosage. Account for other sources of fluoride.
Insoluble calcium fluoride with dairy products.
Formerly known under the brand names Tri-Vi-Flor, Tri-Vi-Flor with Iron.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents