TRELEGY ELLIPTA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluticasone furoate, umeclidinium, vilanterol 100mcg/62.5mcg/25mcg; per inh; dry pwd for oral inhalation.
Indications for TRELEGY ELLIPTA:
Long-term maintenance treatment of COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema in patients who are on a fixed-dose combination of fluticasone furoate and vilanterol for airflow obstruction and reducing exacerbations in whom additional treatment of airflow obstruction is desired or for those who are already receiving umeclidinium and a fixed-dose combination of fluticasone furoate and vilanterol.
Limitations Of use:
Not indicated for relief of acute bronchospasm or for treatment of asthma.
1 inh once daily (max). Rinse mouth after use.
Severe hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
LABAs increase risk of asthma-related death. Do not initiate in rapidly or acutely deteriorating COPD. Not for use with other long-acting β2-agonists. Do not exceed recommended dose. Prescribe a short-acting, inhaled β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Monitor for signs/symptoms of pneumonia. Immunosuppressed. Tuberculosis. Systemic infections. Ocular herpes simplex. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider immune globulin or antiviral prophylactic therapies. Monitor for adrenal insufficiency when transferring from systemic steroids. May need supplemental systemic corticosteroids during periods of stress or a severe COPD exacerbation. May unmask previously suppressed allergic conditions. Reevaluate periodically. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occurs, discontinue gradually), intraocular pressure, glaucoma, or cataracts. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm occurs; use alternative therapy. Cardiovascular disease (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension); discontinue if significant effects occur. Convulsive disorders. Thyrotoxicosis. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Hypokalemia. Hyperglycemia. Urinary retention. Prostatic hyperplasia. Bladder-neck obstruction. Assess bone mineral density if risk factors exist (eg, prolonged immobilization, osteoporosis, postmenopausal, advanced age, others). Fluticasone furoate: moderate or severe hepatic impairment (monitor). Labor & delivery. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, ritonavir, clarithromycin, conivaptan, indinavir, itraconazole, lopinavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, saquinavir, telithromycin, troleandomycin, voriconazole), MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, drugs known to prolong the QT interval or within 2 weeks of discontinuing such agents (increased cardiac effects), K+-depleting diuretics. Antagonized by β-blockers; if needed, consider cardioselective agents. Additive effects with concomitant other anticholinergic-containing drugs; avoid.
Corticosteroid + anticholinergic + long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
Headache, back pain, dysgeusia, diarrhea, cough, oropharyngeal pain, gastroenteritis, oral candidiasis; hypersensitivity reactions.
Dry pwd inhaler—30 doses
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders