Generic Name and Formulations:
Dexrazoxane 500mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Cumberland Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for TOTECT:
To treat extravasation resulting from IV anthracycline chemotherapy.
Give once daily for 3 consecutive days by IV infusion over 1–2 hours. Initiate 1st dose as soon as possible and within 1st 6 hours after extravasation. Days 1 and 2: 1000mg/m2; max 2000mg. Day 3: 500mg/m2; max 1000mg. Renal impairment (CrCl <40mL/min): reduce dose by 50%.
Renal or hepatic impairment (monitor). Monitor for myelosuppression; obtain blood counts periodically. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO). Caution with concurrent cytotoxic chemotherapy (additive cytotoxicity).
Inj site reactions, nausea, vomiting, pyrexia, infections, leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, elevated liver enzymes.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling