AAFP and other signatories also call on FDA to apply the proposal to other combustible tobacco products.
Financial incentives added to free cessation aids can improve the rate of sustained abstinence among smokers.
Youth with asthma have considerably higher use of tobacco products than those without asthma.
From 2011 to 2017 there were decreases in current use of any tobacco products among high and middle school students.
Researchers emphasized the necessity of developing targeted interventions to address such health disparities among American Indian communities.
UK National Health Service Explores Justification for Rationing Elective Surgery in Smokers, Obesity
Recent measures in the United Kingdom have proposed restricting access to elective surgery for smokers and people with obesity.
CDC Report: Integrating Tobacco Cessation Interventions in Mental Health, Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities
Providing barrier-free access to proven cessation treatments is critical to reduce smoking-related disease and death in the United States.
Researchers proposed that future projects investigate the geographical and temporal trends in substance use and its disease burden.
There were no observable differences in the incidence of any cardiovascular events across the smoking cessation treatment groups.
Mortality rates decreased for alcohol use disorders, self-harm, and interpersonal violence between 1980 and 2014. Mortality rates for drug use disorders increased both nationally and in each county over the same period.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Preop Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Tied to Bariatric Surgery Outcomes in Teens
- Meds With Depression As Adverse Side Effect Commonly Used
- Predictors of Long-term Medication Adherence in Children With ADHD
- Antipsychotic Treatment Linked to Adiposity Changes in Youth
- Exposure to Maternal Hypertension May Up Risk for ASD, ADHD in Child