Mindfulness, an awareness of one's present experience without labeling it as good or bad, is a fundamental skill taught in dialectical behavior therapy group skills training.
REBOOT reduced the rate of opioid overdose in participants with opioid use disorder
Clinicians should be mindful of interventions bolstering connectedness.
Effectiveness of Psychoeducational Intervention for Individuals Experiencing Fear of Cancer RecurrenceOctober 17, 2016
Researchers conducted a randomized controlled trial to examine the efficacy of a psychoeducational intervention to reduce fear of cancer recurrence.
The Effect of Cognitive Remediation Training on Functional Connectivity and Social Cognition in SchizophreniaOctober 13, 2016
Study provides further evidence for the effects of cognitive enhancement intervention on brain functional connectivity and cognitive performance in patients with schizophrenia.
Psychotherapy session appears most effective in the morning when cortisol levels are high.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Methylphenidate for ADHD Treatment May Be Associated With Low BMI
- Patients With Schizophrenia May Benefit From Occupational Therapy
- Minocycline vs Routine Care for Clinical Symptom Improvement in Schizophrenia
- Temperament Traits May Predict Treatment Outcomes Depression
- Psychiatric Screening Tool for EMS Aims to Reduce Emergency Department Burden
- Oral Therapy for Suicidal Bipolar Depression Gets Breakthrough Designation
- Psychotic Experiences Linked to Anxiety and Somatic Symptoms in Preadolescent
- DSM-5 Anxious Distress Specifier Valid for Major Depressive Disorder
- Social Stigma Worsens Mental Health With Autism
- Onset of Psychosis Not Related to Cognitive Deterioration in Schizophrenia