The researchers found significant advantages from dialectical behavior therapy in all primary outcomes.
A chart outlining pharmacotherapies for ADHD, including information on form, strength, maximum dosages and administration.
Cognitive behavioral therapy and supportive care psychotherapy, both delivered by nurses over the telephone, may offer comparable benefits for the management of chronic back pain.
Genetic notes on various pharmacotherapies for psychiatric conditions.
Both modified cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and pain education (EDU) interventions were associated with improved pain in patients with disadvantaged backgrounds.
Olanzapine and quetiapine have gained attention as adjuncts in pain management regimens.
A chart outlining the pharmacokinetics of atypical antipsychotics, including information on bioavailability, half-life and CYP 450 metabolism.
A chart with daily dose thresholds for antipsychotic medications.
In the past, clinicians believed anorexia arose from control battles with parents and that the individual had to develop insight and motivation to recover.
Early adherence is an especially problematic, significant and modifiable barrier to quality care for depression.
Over the long term, overweight and obese patients with type 2 diabetes often regain weight lost during weight loss programs.
Digital CBT is associated with reductions in insomnia, for university students.
ECT significantly reduced headache incidence and severity.
Anxiolytic medications daily dose threshold chart.
In traditional acupuncture, a concept that is central to achieving a therapeutic response is De Qi, which represents the sensory effects induced by the procedure.
Research findings support continuation of ECT plus medication in a depressed elderly population.
Results of brain imaging studies demonstrate that "hypnosis influences all of the cortical areas and neurophysiological processes that underlie pain and emotions."
These preliminary findings suggest that combined treatment with MAAT and methylphenidate can improve attention, episodic and working memory, and executive functioning following traumatic brain injury.
The ADA released detailed guidelines for psychosocial assessments and care based on factors including age, type of diabetes, and family support system.
The major issues of drug development are that pre-clinical animal efficacy studies do not accurately predict human efficacy, and clinical trials often inaccurately fail to show drug efficacy.
A webinar on patient shame forms part of the Prescribers' Clinical Support System for Opioid Therapies.
Sunovion have announced positive results from a study evaluating Latuda (lurasidone HCI) for the treatment of schizophrenia in adolescents aged 13 to 17 years old.
The recovery time varies depending on which class of medication the patient is overusing.
Connectivity in the right midfrontal gyrus may help predict placebo response. This finding has widespread implications in drug development.
Hypopituitarism may be associated with reduced oxytocin concentrations and impaired empathic ability.
The crystal structure may provide inspiration for designing drugs that refine efficacy and avoid adverse events.
There was a significantly greater improvement in memantine group and a greater response rate at weeks 4 and 6.
Research found that cognitive rehabilitation program could improve self-reported cognitive function through 6 months.
Medications used to treat addiction cut the risk of reoffending in half.
Dr. Scott Zeller suggests it is time to move away from emergency intramuscular haloperidol.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Influence of Psychostimulants on BMI and Height in Youth With ADHD
- Medication Adherence Predictors in Patients With Severe Psychiatric Disorders
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Functional Restoration for Chronic Pain and Depression in the Elderly: Pharmacotherapy and Beyond
- Efficacy of Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotics vs Oral Antipsychotics
- Older Age Associated With Worse Major Depressive Disorder Outcomes
- Preoperative Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Associated With Bariatric Surgery Outcomes
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations