The latest in psychiatric therapies and management
Latest Therapies Articles
Both modified cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and pain education (EDU) interventions were associated with improved pain in patients with disadvantaged backgrounds.
Olanzapine and quetiapine have gained attention as adjuncts in pain management regimens.
Over the long term, overweight and obese patients with type 2 diabetes often regain weight lost during weight loss programs.
ECT significantly reduced headache incidence and severity.
Results of brain imaging studies demonstrate that "hypnosis influences all of the cortical areas and neurophysiological processes that underlie pain and emotions."
The ADA released detailed guidelines for psychosocial assessments and care based on factors including age, type of diabetes, and family support system.
The major issues of drug development are that pre-clinical animal efficacy studies do not accurately predict human efficacy, and clinical trials often inaccurately fail to show drug efficacy.
Connectivity in the right midfrontal gyrus may help predict placebo response. This finding has widespread implications in drug development.
The crystal structure may provide inspiration for designing drugs that refine efficacy and avoid adverse events.
Laughing about 10 minutes every day has similar benefits to eating vegetables, exercising, and meditating.
Drug News from MPR
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Clinician Insight: Exploring the Link Between Bipolar Disorder and Binge Eating Disorder
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Personality Functioning Associated With Global Functioning in Bipolar Disorder I
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Potential for SERMs as Adjunctive Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Childhood Insulin Resistance Associated With Later Psychosis
- Lamotrigine Similar to Placebo in Treating Borderline Personality Disorder
- Glucocorticoids May Increase Risk of Developing Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorder
- Predictors, Incidence of Long-term Use of Benzodiazepines, Z-Drugs in Bipolar Disorder
- Cardiometabolic Dysregulation Associated With Cognitive Decline Mediated by Depression