The latest in psychiatric therapies and management
Latest Therapies Articles
Both modified cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and pain education (EDU) interventions were associated with improved pain in patients with disadvantaged backgrounds.
Olanzapine and quetiapine have gained attention as adjuncts in pain management regimens.
Over the long term, overweight and obese patients with type 2 diabetes often regain weight lost during weight loss programs.
ECT significantly reduced headache incidence and severity.
Results of brain imaging studies demonstrate that "hypnosis influences all of the cortical areas and neurophysiological processes that underlie pain and emotions."
The ADA released detailed guidelines for psychosocial assessments and care based on factors including age, type of diabetes, and family support system.
The major issues of drug development are that pre-clinical animal efficacy studies do not accurately predict human efficacy, and clinical trials often inaccurately fail to show drug efficacy.
Connectivity in the right midfrontal gyrus may help predict placebo response. This finding has widespread implications in drug development.
The crystal structure may provide inspiration for designing drugs that refine efficacy and avoid adverse events.
Laughing about 10 minutes every day has similar benefits to eating vegetables, exercising, and meditating.
Drug News from MPR
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Atypical Symptom Presentations in Pediatric OCD
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Light Therapy Effective for Older Adults with Nonseasonal Depression
- AMA Adopts Policy on Augmented Intelligence
- Parental Belief in Religion Lowers Child Suicide Risk
- Appetitive Symptoms, Fluoxetine, and Light Therapy: Predicting Treatment Response for Nonseasonal Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder Patients Benefit From Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality