The latest in psychiatric therapies and management
Latest Therapies Articles
Both modified cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and pain education (EDU) interventions were associated with improved pain in patients with disadvantaged backgrounds.
Olanzapine and quetiapine have gained attention as adjuncts in pain management regimens.
Over the long term, overweight and obese patients with type 2 diabetes often regain weight lost during weight loss programs.
ECT significantly reduced headache incidence and severity.
Results of brain imaging studies demonstrate that "hypnosis influences all of the cortical areas and neurophysiological processes that underlie pain and emotions."
The ADA released detailed guidelines for psychosocial assessments and care based on factors including age, type of diabetes, and family support system.
The major issues of drug development are that pre-clinical animal efficacy studies do not accurately predict human efficacy, and clinical trials often inaccurately fail to show drug efficacy.
Connectivity in the right midfrontal gyrus may help predict placebo response. This finding has widespread implications in drug development.
The crystal structure may provide inspiration for designing drugs that refine efficacy and avoid adverse events.
Laughing about 10 minutes every day has similar benefits to eating vegetables, exercising, and meditating.
Drug News from MPR
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Efficacy, Safety of Long-Term Ketamine Administration Still In Question
- Etiology of Schizophrenia: Strong Association With Certain Rare Copy Number Variants
- KCNQ Channel Potentiator Ezogabine Delivers Promising Results in Major Depressive Disorder
- Vulnerability to Psychosocial Disability in Psychosis
- FDA to Review Lumateperone for Treatment of Schizophrenia
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"