THERAFLU FLU & CHEST CONGESTION HOT LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 1000mg, guaifenesin 400mg; pwd packets; natural citrus flavor; contains sodium 15mg, potassium 5mg, phenylalanine 24mg per packet.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU FLU & CHEST CONGESTION HOT LIQUID:
Minor aches and pains. Fever. Headache. Sore throat. Cough. Chest congestion.
Dissolve contents of 1 packet in 8oz of hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10–15 minutes. Take every 6 hours; max 4 packets/24hrs.
Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. COPD. Asthma. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist after 2–7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + expectorant.
Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation