THERAFLU DAYTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH HOT LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 650mg, dextromethorphan HBr 20mg, phenylephrine HCl 10mg; pwd packets; berry infused with menthol and green tea flavors; contains potassium 10mg, sodium 20mg, phenylalanine 14mg per packet.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU DAYTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH HOT LIQUID:
Nasal and sinus congestion, cough, sore throat, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
Dissolve contents of 1 packet into 8oz hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10–15mins. Take every 4 hours; max 6 packets/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist after 2–7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Analgesic + antitussive + sympathomimetic.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer Disease Examined
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users