Cognitive behavioral therapy and supportive care psychotherapy, both delivered by nurses over the telephone, may offer comparable benefits for the management of chronic back pain.
The ACASI ASSIST has good diagnostic accuracy for detecting unhealthy substance use and substance use disorder for tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine use.
Children with ADHD who live in remote areas can benefit from pharmacotherapy through videoconferencing.
Telepsychiatry offers solutions for hospitals that can't justify the expense of employing full-time onsite psychiatrists.
An estimated 64% of patients are expected to book appointments online within the next five years.
Family medicine organization asks U.S. Department of HHS to broaden the definition of telemedicine and drop restrictive clause.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Schizophrenia, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder Linked With Abnormal Functional Connectivity
- ICF Core Sets for Schizophrenia Validated by International Cohort of Psychiatrists
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Comorbid OCD Confers Greater Neurocognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia
- Smartphone Technology Allows Diagnosis of Autism in ResearchKit Feasibility Study