Researchers of the DETECT study aim to assess the potential for future implementation of telemedicine consultation for managing neuropsychiatric symptoms in long-term care facilities.
Cognitive behavioral therapy and supportive care psychotherapy, both delivered by nurses over the telephone, may offer comparable benefits for the management of chronic back pain.
The ACASI ASSIST has good diagnostic accuracy for detecting unhealthy substance use and substance use disorder for tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine use.
Children with ADHD who live in remote areas can benefit from pharmacotherapy through videoconferencing.
Telepsychiatry offers solutions for hospitals that can't justify the expense of employing full-time onsite psychiatrists.
An estimated 64% of patients are expected to book appointments online within the next five years.
Family medicine organization asks U.S. Department of HHS to broaden the definition of telemedicine and drop restrictive clause.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Daily Drinking Associated With Increased Mortality Risk
- Probiotics, Depression, and the Role of Inflammation
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- High Risk for Anxiety, Depression, and Stress Observed Among Single Mothers
- Self-Harm, Suicidality Among Adolescents Associated With Poor Outcomes, Recurrent Clinical Care
- Moderate Association Between Sociocognitive Functioning and Thought Disorder in Schizophrenia
- Psychotropic Medications May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Schizophrenia Polygenetic Risk Score as a Predictor of Bipolar Disorder With Psychosis