Most Recent Articles by Tara Haelle, MS
Parents using intervention strategies in addition to the interventionist working directly with the child can be very beneficial, as an interventionist only gets to see a child for a few hours a week.
One of the requirements for diagnosing OCD is that the individuals don't want to engage in their behaviors. However, youth with autism who have verbal skills often say that they feel content with their repetitive behaviors and have no interest in stopping them.
No single solution to address sexual harassment in medicine exists, but physicians of all genders must come together to make progress.
One of the biggest challenges faced by individuals with ASD is finding ways to be happy and successful in a neurotypical world.
The prevalence of bipolar postpartum depression is greater than previously understood and requires distinct treatment.
More Articles by Tara Haelle, MS
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Schizophrenia, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder Linked With Abnormal Functional Connectivity
- ICF Core Sets for Schizophrenia Validated by International Cohort of Psychiatrists
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Comorbid OCD Confers Greater Neurocognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia
- Smartphone Technology Allows Diagnosis of Autism in ResearchKit Feasibility Study