SUPARTZ FX Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 25mg/2.5mL; soln for intra-articular inj.
Indications for SUPARTZ FX:
Osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed nonpharmacologic therapy and analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Prior to treatment: remove joint effusion, if present. Local anesthetic (eg, lidocaine) by SC inj may be recommended prior to inj. Inject 2.5mL intra-articularly in each affected knee weekly for 5 weeks. Use separate syringes for each knee.
Infection or skin disease at inj site.
Treatment cycle <3 injections: not established. Avian protein, feather, egg allergy. Avoid strenuous activity within 48hrs after injection. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid disinfectants with quaternary ammonium salts. Concomitant other intra-articular injectables: not established.
Arthralgia, arthropathy/arthrosis/arthritis, back pain, pain, inj site reaction/pain, headache.
Single-use prefilled syringes—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling
- Nightmares in Military Personnel Frequently Comorbid With Mental Health Disorders
- Potential for SERMs as Adjunctive Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Addressing Racial Disparities in Bipolar Disorder Treatment
- Negative Symptoms Increase Cardiovascular Risk in Schizophrenia