SUPARTZ FX Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 25mg/2.5mL; soln for intra-articular inj.
Indications for SUPARTZ FX:
Osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed nonpharmacologic therapy and analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Prior to treatment: remove joint effusion, if present. Local anesthetic (eg, lidocaine) by SC inj may be recommended prior to inj. Inject 2.5mL intra-articularly in each affected knee weekly for 5 weeks. Use separate syringes for each knee.
Infection or skin disease at inj site.
Treatment cycle <3 injections: not established. Avian protein, feather, egg allergy. Avoid strenuous activity within 48hrs after injection. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid disinfectants with quaternary ammonium salts. Concomitant other intra-articular injectables: not established.
Arthralgia, arthropathy/arthrosis/arthritis, back pain, pain, inj site reaction/pain, headache.
Single-use prefilled syringes—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation