SUDAFED SINUS NIGHTTIME OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triprolidine HCl 2.5mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 60mg; per tab.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for SUDAFED SINUS NIGHTTIME:
Rhinorrhea, nasal congestion, allergy symptoms.
1 tab every 4–6 hours as needed; max 4 doses/24hrs.
<6yrs: individualize. 6–11yrs: ½ tab every 4–6 hours as needed; max 4 doses/24hrs.
Within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor response of sympathomimetics. Alcohol, other CNS depressants potentiated. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad