SUDAFED SINUS & COLD OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg; per liquid cap; contains sodium 16mg/cap.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for SUDAFED SINUS & COLD:
Nasal congestion, headache, sore throat, minor aches and pains.
2 caps every 4–6 hours as needed; max 8 caps/24hrs.
Within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant acetaminophen products.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Liver disease. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction.
Analgesic + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of liver damage with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation