Extended-release naltrexone maintained abstinence from heroin and other illicit substances.
Firearm violence disproportionately affects adolescents in minority populations in large US cities.
Researchers found only 1 percent of patients prescribed medication still took opioids one year after hospital discharge.
Acute exposure to ethanol led to antidepressant and anxiolytic behaviors in rodents for up to 24 hours.
Researchers find heavy users have lower bone density than cigarette smokers.
Autism is a heritable neurodevelopmental disorder that is approximately 4 times more prevalent in males than females.
Cigarette smoking prevalence among persons with severe mental illness is approximately 3 times greater than the rate observed in the general population.
In America, deaths associated with opioid use increased more than five-fold over the past 25 years.
CDC rank alcohol-attributable mortality as the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States.
More than 6 million Americans older than 12 had illegally used prescription medications in the previous month.
No application is currently available to connect carriers of naloxone with nearby opioid overdose victims.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Psychopathology of Adults Affected by Pre- and Perinatal Factors, Family Functioning
- Family History of Psychiatric Disorders an Important Predictor of Postpartum Psychiatric Illness
- Anxiety: Feature of Late-Onset Dementia or Modifiable Risk Factor?
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- New Dimensions in Psychopathy: Are There Cultural Differences in Psychopaths?
- Addressing Psychiatric Comorbidities in Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Exploring the Link Between Persistent Infection, Inflammation, and Mood Disorders
- CDC: No Change in Level of Uninsured in US in 2017
- Benefit of Behavioral Activation During TMS for Major Depressive Disorder