While workplace stress is common, here are signs to warn patients that it may be affecting their mental health.
In the presence of stress, postmenopausal estradiol therapy may protect against certain types of cognition.
Patients' health can be affected by medical discrimination based on their size.
Childhood adversity has a profound impact on perceived pain severity in female FM/CWP patients with PTSD symptoms.
Psychological distress is linked to the risk of coronary events and mortality.
High levels of anxiety and depression in patients with facial acne are not related to oxidative stress.
Cognitive co-activation is associated with a significantly smaller levodopa effect on resting tremor in Parkinson's disease.
Prolonged work-related stress in men has been tied to increased chances of cancer.
Anxiety, depression and other types of psychological distress may have a positive correlation with postoperative pain.
Relationship of trauma memories to other PTSD symptoms offers early intervention potential.
Brief mindfulness meditation reduces difference between late positive potential response to negative high arousing, neutral stimuli.
Effective strategies for managing physician burnout include mindfulness and stress-management training, as well as shorter workdays.
Researchers investigated the connection between early life stress and telomere length.
Genetic variation can increase the predisposition to major depressive disorder.
An estimated 20-60% of patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) have comorbid anxiety and/or depression.
Childhood is a critical developmental period in the brain's response to traumatic stress such as family adversity.
Early life trauma interacts with FKBP5 genotype to predict heavy alcohol consumption in college students.
Preventing Transgenerational Effects of Paternal Trauma
In those suffering from clinical depression, two inflammatory markers, CRP and IL-6, were found to be elevated by up to 50%.
Research identifies link between high levels of perceived stress and mild cognitive impairment.
Stress is the number one predictor for burnout among physicians, though spending time with family can alleviate the stress.
Individual factors explain considerable proportion of mental distress, depression, emotional exhaustion.
If mindfulness was a stock, would you be buying or selling?
Nonpharmacologic management with multidisciplinary teams warranted due to lack of effective pharmacologic options.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders