While workplace stress is common, here are signs to warn patients that it may be affecting their mental health.
In the presence of stress, postmenopausal estradiol therapy may protect against certain types of cognition.
Patients' health can be affected by medical discrimination based on their size.
Childhood adversity has a profound impact on perceived pain severity in female FM/CWP patients with PTSD symptoms.
Psychological distress is linked to the risk of coronary events and mortality.
High levels of anxiety and depression in patients with facial acne are not related to oxidative stress.
Cognitive co-activation is associated with a significantly smaller levodopa effect on resting tremor in Parkinson's disease.
Prolonged work-related stress in men has been tied to increased chances of cancer.
Anxiety, depression and other types of psychological distress may have a positive correlation with postoperative pain.
Relationship of trauma memories to other PTSD symptoms offers early intervention potential.
Brief mindfulness meditation reduces difference between late positive potential response to negative high arousing, neutral stimuli.
Effective strategies for managing physician burnout include mindfulness and stress-management training, as well as shorter workdays.
Researchers investigated the connection between early life stress and telomere length.
Genetic variation can increase the predisposition to major depressive disorder.
An estimated 20-60% of patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) have comorbid anxiety and/or depression.
Childhood is a critical developmental period in the brain's response to traumatic stress such as family adversity.
Early life trauma interacts with FKBP5 genotype to predict heavy alcohol consumption in college students.
Preventing Transgenerational Effects of Paternal Trauma
In those suffering from clinical depression, two inflammatory markers, CRP and IL-6, were found to be elevated by up to 50%.
Research identifies link between high levels of perceived stress and mild cognitive impairment.
Stress is the number one predictor for burnout among physicians, though spending time with family can alleviate the stress.
Individual factors explain considerable proportion of mental distress, depression, emotional exhaustion.
If mindfulness was a stock, would you be buying or selling?
Nonpharmacologic management with multidisciplinary teams warranted due to lack of effective pharmacologic options.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Aggression in Bipolar I Disorder and Psychosis Associated With Suicide Ideation, Alcohol Abuse
- Moving Associated With Increased Risk for Psychosis in Children, Adolescents
- Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Associated With Reduction in Anxiety Symptoms
- Neuroimaging Markers of Bipolar Disorder Risk for At-Risk Youth
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated