Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcipotriene (as monohydrate) 0.005%; foam.
Stiefel Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for SORILUX:
Topical treatment of plaque psoriasis of the scalp and body.
≥18yrs: Apply a thin layer twice daily to affected areas and gently rub in completely. Apply to scalp when the hair is dry.
<18yrs: not established.
Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Discontinue if hypercalcemia occurs (until normocalcemia returns). Avoid eyes, excessive sunlight, phototherapy. Flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vit. D3 analog.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Healthcare Community Should Favor More Restrictive Alcohol Policies
- How to Respond to a Patient's Request for Prayer: A Clinician's Dilemma
- Major Barriers to Useful Risk Prediction Must Be Overcome to Reach the Full Potential of Big Data
- ACA Coverage Gains Include Workers Without Insurance
- Steps Provided for Discharging Patients From Practice