SOMA 250 CIV
Generic Name and Formulations:
Carisoprodol 250mg; tabs.
Mylan Specialty L.P.
Indications for SOMA 250:
Relief of acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
≥16yrs: 250mg–350mg 3 times daily and at bedtime. Max 2–3 weeks.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Drug abuse. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Muscle relaxant (central).
Sedative effects potentiated by alcohol, other CNS depressants. May be potentiated by CYP2C19 inhibitors (eg, omeprazole, fluvoxamine). May be antagonized by CYP2C19 inducers (eg, rifampin, St. John's Wort).
Dizziness, drowsiness, headache, GI upset, rash, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension; rare idiosyncratic reactions (see literature).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation