Generic Name and Formulations:
Secnidazole 2g; per pkt; oral granules.
Symbiomix Therapeutics, LLC
Indications for SOLOSEC:
Do not dissolve in liquid. Sprinkle contents onto applesauce, yogurt or pudding; consume within 30mins without chewing or crunching; may follow with a glass of water. ≥18yrs: give single 2g packet once orally.
<18yrs: not established.
Hypersensitivity to other nitroimidazole derivatives.
Avoid chronic use. Treat with antifungal if vulvo-vaginal candidiasis occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 96hrs after dose or, may pump and discard milk during this time period).
Vulvo-vaginal candidiasis, headache, nausea, dysgeusia, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vulvo-vaginal pruritus.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Minocycline vs Routine Care for Clinical Symptom Improvement in Schizophrenia
- Insomnia in Borderline Personality Disorder May Increase Suicide Risk
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Psychotropic Medication May Reduce Symptoms and Improve Functioning in PTSD
- Social Decline a Predictor of Conversion Outcome in High-Risk Individuals
- Buprenorphine/Samidorphan Helpful in Refractory Depression