Generic Name and Formulations:
Secnidazole 2g; per pkt; oral granules.
Symbiomix Therapeutics, LLC
RECENT UPDATESMonograph added.
Indications for SOLOSEC:
Do not dissolve in liquid. Sprinkle contents onto applesauce, yogurt or pudding; consume within 30mins without chewing or crunching; may follow with a glass of water. ≥18yrs: give single 2g packet once orally.
<18yrs: not established.
Hypersensitivity to other nitroimidazole derivatives.
Avoid chronic use. Treat with antifungal if vulvo-vaginal candidiasis occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 96hrs after dose or, may pump and discard milk during this time period).
Vulvo-vaginal candidiasis, headache, nausea, dysgeusia, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vulvo-vaginal pruritus.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Schizophrenia, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder Linked With Abnormal Functional Connectivity
- ICF Core Sets for Schizophrenia Validated by International Cohort of Psychiatrists
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Comorbid OCD Confers Greater Neurocognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia
- Smartphone Technology Allows Diagnosis of Autism in ResearchKit Feasibility Study