Risk factors for poor sleep in menopause include depression and vasomotor symptoms.
For pediatric patients with chronic pain, PTSD symptoms may be linked with higher levels of pain intensity.
Sleep bruxism may be improved with onabotulinum toxin-A injections.
Wearing amber lenses rather than clear lenses for 2 hours before bedtime was associated with improved sleep for individuals with insomnia symptoms.
Disrupted sleep is linked to an increase in amyloid-β production in adults.
A growing body of research consistently shows that patients with schizophrenia often suffer from sleep disturbances.
Home sleep apnea tests are used to help diagnose obstructive sleep apnea in adults.
In pediatric patients, poor sleep quality partially mediates PTSS and chronic pain relationships.
The FDA has approved the Remede sleep system.
To date, it has not been clearly established whether sleep problems are a consequence of or a contributory factor to mental health disorders.
Digital CBT is associated with reductions in insomnia, for university students.
There is a greater risk in older adults with SDB for developing cognitive impairment.
For patients undergoing chemotherapy, participating in a Tibetan yoga program may result in short-term sleep quality benefits.
Impaired sleep and obesity may be caused by stress.
There is an established link between excessive daytime sleepiness and headache frequency.
Sedative-hypnotic medications daily dose threshold chart.
Patients with sleep apnea are more likely to use their CPAP after watching a video of themselves struggling to breathe.
Positive airway pressure therapy does not improve outcomes in patients with both sleep apnea and hypoxia related to pulmonary embolism.
A patient with persistent daytime sleepiness developed Stevens-Johnson Syndrome within 2 weeks of armodafinil use.
Suicide attempts and sleep in adults are associated with Internet addiction.
Six recommendations were developed to guide clinicians in diagnosing obstructive sleep apnea in adults.
Sleeping aids may be more appropriate for occasional sleeplessness than insomnia.
Addressing problems with sleep health may help prevent gestational diabetes.
Post-lunch napping is tied better cognition for older adults.
Patients with psoriatic arthritis have higher levels of fatigue than patients with psoriasis treated with phototherapy or systemic treatment.
Those with depression had significantly more disturbed sleep quality, more daytime sleepiness, and had more problems sleeping due to restless leg syndrome.
Over 56% of the participants were still in full remission at 1-year follow-up.
Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation of the right secondary somatosensory motor cortex produces relief from chronic neuropathic orofacial pain.
Even changing sleep habits by 1 hour can make a big difference.
The study supports previous findings that hyperarousal of the inflammatory system may contribute to insulin resistance.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Genetic Variations Associated With Empathy Affect Psychiatric Conditions
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed