The Pain-Related Beliefs and Attitudes about Sleep (PBAS) scale offers a tool to assess the interaction between sleep, insomnia and chronic pain.
For pediatric patients with chronic pain, PTSD symptoms may be linked with higher levels of pain intensity.
Sleep bruxism may be improved with onabotulinum toxin-A injections.
Wearing amber lenses rather than clear lenses for 2 hours before bedtime was associated with improved sleep for individuals with insomnia symptoms.
Disrupted sleep is linked to an increase in amyloid-β production in adults.
There are more sleep disturbances in children with NDPH than in children with tension-type headache.
Home sleep apnea tests are used to help diagnose obstructive sleep apnea in adults.
In pediatric patients, poor sleep quality partially mediates PTSS and chronic pain relationships.
The FDA has approved the Remede sleep system.
To date, it has not been clearly established whether sleep problems are a consequence of or a contributory factor to mental health disorders.
Digital CBT is associated with reductions in insomnia, for university students.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cost-Effectiveness of Atomoxetine for Treating Children with ADHD
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Differential Testosterone Levels in Men, Women With Schizophrenia
- Plasma Autoantibodies Possible Biomarker for Schizophrenia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Positive Beliefs About Age May Protect Older Adults Against Dementia
- Electrical Stimulation of Amygdala May Improve Long-Term Memory
- Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia May Be Reduced With MIN-101
- Apathy: An Important Predictor of Employment in Huntington Disease
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression