Generic Name and Formulations:
Mometasone furoate 1350mcg; per sinus implant.
Intersect ENT, Inc.
RECENT UPDATESMonograph added.
Indications for SINUVA:
Nasal polyps in patients ≥18yrs who have had ethmoid sinus surgery.
To be used by physicians trained in otolaryngology for placement in ethmoid sinus under endoscopic visualization. Insert 1 implant for 90 days. Implant can be removed at Day 90 or earlier based on physician's discretion. Do not reprocess or reuse.
<18yrs: not established.
Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Systemic infections. Ocular herpes simplex. Immunosuppression. If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. Nasal ulcers or trauma: avoid. Monitor nasal mucosa for epistaxis, irritation, infection, perforation. Change in vision, history of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, and/or cataracts: monitor closely. Monitor post-operatively and during periods of stress for adrenal response. Consider implant removal if hypercorticism and adrenal suppression occurs. Hepatic impairment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole).
Bronchitis, nasopharyngitis, otitis media, headache, presyncope, asthma, epistaxis; hypersensitivity reactions, immunosuppression, HPA axis effects.
Kit—1 (implant + delivery system)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Phonemic Verbal Advantage in Mild Cognitive Impairment May Predict Risk for Alzheimer Disease
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Guidance Offered for Improving Mental Health in Workplace
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Early Intervention Strategies for Bipolar Disorder: Clinical Dilemmas and Directions
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Bully for Us: Confronting Medicine's Bullying Problem
- Personality Functioning Associated With Global Functioning in Bipolar Disorder I
- Higher Incidence of Mania in Adults With Intellectual Disabilities vs General Population
- Youth With Gender Nonconformity Vulnerable to Adversity
- Negative Affect That Lingers Tied to Health 10 Years Later