Generic Name and Formulations:
Diatrizoate meglumine 527mg, iodipamide meglumine 268mg; per mL; soln for intrauterine instillation; contains sodium 0.91mg/mL, organically bound iodine 380mg/mL.
Indications for SINOGRAFIN:
See literature for information on administration and radiography. Empty bladder before exam. 3–4mL administered in fractional doses of approx. 1mL are usually adequate to visualize the uterus; an additional 3–4mL will demonstrate the tubes. Total doses of 1.5–10mL have been used.
Pregnancy. During menstrual period. External genitalia or genital tract infection. Within 30 days of curettage or conization or within 6 months following termination of pregnancy.
Should be performed by personnel trained in diagnostic procedures that involve radiopaque diagnostic agents. Carcinoma of the uterus and/or uterine/tubes; possible dispersion of carcinogenic cells during procedure. History of asthma/allergy. Nursing mothers.
May interfere with thyroid tests.
Radiopaque contrast medium.
Dizziness, syncope, hypotension, chills, fever, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and tenderness, hypersensitivity reactions; rare: bradycardia, hypotension, cardiac arrest, death.
Single-dose vial (10mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer Disease Examined
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users