SIMPLY SLEEP OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphenhydramine HCl 25mg; caplets.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for SIMPLY SLEEP:
Short-term (≤ 2 weeks) treatment of insomnia.
50mg at bedtime.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. Hyperthyroidism. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. GI or urinary obstruction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Concomitant diphenhydramine products (including topicals): not recommended. Additive effects with other other anticholinergics.
Drowsiness, dizziness, anticholinergic effects, paradoxical excitement.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Healthcare Community Should Favor More Restrictive Alcohol Policies
- How to Respond to a Patient's Request for Prayer: A Clinician's Dilemma
- Major Barriers to Useful Risk Prediction Must Be Overcome to Reach the Full Potential of Big Data
- ACA Coverage Gains Include Workers Without Insurance
- Steps Provided for Discharging Patients From Practice