The psychological effect on psychiatrist victims should be acknowledged even when the behavior of the perpetrator can be explained by diagnosis.
As the #MeToo movement has gained strength, reports of sexual harassment at medical schools have mostly remained stagnant.
Mental health professionals regularly grapple with the best way to support clients navigating an onslaught of sexual violence in their daily lives.
Men, including male physicians, are less likely than female physicians to seek medical treatment for their own health conditions.
10.3% of the participants experienced moderate victimization that increased, and 5.1% experienced high levels of consistent victimization.
Awareness of adolescents' sexual history is essential in providing mental health treatment.
Teenage girls can learn assertive behavior to reduce unwanted sexual advances through a virtual reality program.
Women who were sexually abused in their youth tended to have thicker carotid arteries, which can lead to cardiovascular disease.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Schizophrenia, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder Linked With Abnormal Functional Connectivity
- ICF Core Sets for Schizophrenia Validated by International Cohort of Psychiatrists
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Comorbid OCD Confers Greater Neurocognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia
- Smartphone Technology Allows Diagnosis of Autism in ResearchKit Feasibility Study