Generic Name and Formulations:
Psyllium 500mg, sennosides 9mg; caps.
Indications for SENNAPROMPT:
Take with at least 8oz fluids. Five capsules once or twice daily.
Signs/symptoms of appendicitis. Intestinal obstruction. Fecal impaction.
Dysphagia. Rectal bleeding. Esophageal narrowing. Pregnancy: not recommended.
Bulk-forming + stimulant.
Separate dosing by at least 2 hours from other medications.
Esophageal, gastric, enteral, rectal obstruction, laxative dependence.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation