Generic Name and Formulations:
Selenium sulfide 2.5%; lotion.
Indications for SELSUN:
Tinea versicolor, dandruff, seborrheic scalp dermatitis.
T. versicolor: apply once daily, lather with small amount of water, wait 10 minutes, rinse; repeat for 7 days. Dandruff, dermatitis: massage into wet scalp, wait 2–3 minutes, rinse; repeat. Use twice weekly for 2 wks, then as needed.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes; acute inflammation or exudation (increases absorption). Rinse skin folds/genitals, wash hands thoroughly after use.
Irritation, sensitization, oily/dry scalp, increased hair loss.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders