New findings provide an insight about the association between white matter microstructure and the severity of schizophrenia clinical symptoms.
TSPO expression is frequently used as a biomarker for brain inflammation during PET imaging.
Post mortem examination of human brain samples derived from individuals diagnosed with schizophrenia revealed widespread synaptic alterations in CA1 hippocampal subfield.
New findings provide insights about the neuroanatomy and neurophysiology of schizophrenia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Distinct Characteristics in Children at Risk for Schizophrenia vs Bipolar Disorder
- Nonstimulants May Be an Appropriate Alternative to Stimulants for Treating ADHD
- Psychotic Experiences Associated With Increased Risk for Eating Disorders in Adolescents
- Novel Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Targets Preschool-Aged Depression
- Remission of Treatment-Resistant Depression in Veterans Depends on Close Clinical Observation
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations
- From Abused Child to Serial Killer: Investigating Nature vs Nurture in Methods of Murder
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- When Physicians Become Patients: Challenges in Seeking Health Care
- Long-Acting Injectables Effective in Patients With Comorbid Psychosis, Substance Use Disorder
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Improves Global Cognition in Bipolar Disorder
- FOSTA-SESTA Threatens Sex Worker Livelihoods: What Mental Health Providers Should Know